The photo speaks a thousand words. You and I both know that looks like the most delicious treat you have seen in awhile. Well today is your lucky day because this lemon meringue Eclair recipe is pretty easy to prepare. Try out this lemon meringue Eclair recipe for your family and shock them with this delectable treat. You will be sure to wow your family with this lemon meringue Eclair recipe. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below or give this lemon meringue Eclair recipe a star rating!
- 1 gram gelatin
- 80 grams lemon juice
- 100 grams beaten egg
- 145 grams unsalted butter
- 100 grams granulated sugar
- 96 grams milk
- 96 grams water
- 96 grams butter
- 2 grams salt
- 3 grams sugar
- 96 grams flour
- 180 grams egg
- 150 grams granulated sugar
- 60 grams water
- 90 grams egg whites
- 1 lime (for decoration)
- Soak the gelatin in cold water.
- Heat the lemon juice, eggs, sugar in a bain marie.
- Bake at 83 °C using a thermometer (or you need to get the consistency of a cure). Stir in the softened gelatin, mix so that it melts.
- Run the mixture through a sieve.
- Let cool to 45 ° C then add the butter in small pieces, mix to smooth the cream.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let cool for a minimum of 2 hours.
- In a saucepan boil water, milk, salt, sugar and butter.
- Off the heat add the flour all at once.
- Mix and put the mixture back on the heat so that it comes away from the sides of the pan (about 1 minute). Pour the dough into the food processor bowl, Turn it on with K.
- Add the eggs one by one, stirring quickly between each, do not add the next one until it is completely incorporated into the dough.
- Use a pastry bag (socket 1 cm diameter fluted or not) to draw up 11 cm long dough strips on a baking tray covered with tracing paper.
- Your éclairs will expand during cooking so be sure to space them enough.
- Using a wet fork, lightly scratch the top full-length so they inflate uniformly (unless you have used a splined socket).
- Heat your oven to 250 degrees. When it is hot, put the eclairs and turn off your oven for 12 to 16 minutes, they begin to rise, then turn the oven on to 160 degrees for about 25 minutes (do not open the oven door during cooking).
- Let them cool down on a wire rack.
- Cook the sugar and the water to 118 ° C.
- At the same time, beat the egg whites until they are firm.
- When the syrup is hot enough, reduce the mixer speed and cast the net on the wall of the mixer bowl. Strap until completely cooled.
- First prepare the lemon cream, at least 2 hours in advance, preferably overnight.
- Then prepare the pate a choux, bake and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Garnish the eclairs and make 2 holes in the side of each éclair our under it.
- Make the Italian meringue using a piping bag and using a st honore piping nozzle, poach it on top of the eclairs and caramelize it with a torch.
- Grate lime for decoration
|Calories360Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.