This kid friendly, alcohol free, sweet and light tiramisu nearly mimics the traditional tastes of this famous Italian dessert. Everything about this sweet course is delicate, from its small fluffy ladyfingers to its petite serving dish. The sweet feathery crème is made with bitter chocolate and coffee powders, sugar, eggs, and velvety subtle mascarpone cheese. Alternate the thick airy biscuits and crème, fill each small dessert dish and finish with a shifted sprinkle of biting coco powder.
- 3 large eggs
- 40 grams sugar
- 250 grams mascarpone
- 24 ladyfingers
- coffee (20 cl., unsweetened)
- cocoa powder
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Beat the yolks with the sugar. Whisk in the mascarpone.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they form stiff peaks. Gently fold them into the mascarpone mixture.
- Dip the ladyfingers in the coffee.
- Layer the bottom of a pan with the coffee-soaked ladyfingers. Cover with a layer of mascarpone. Add another layer of ladyfingers and a second layer of mascarpone. Dust the top with cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate for several hours. Serve chilled.