"Toucinho do Céu" (Egg yolk, almond and sugar cake)Receitas Da Felicidade!
This cake is traditionally served around the Christmas holidays, but it easy and delicious enough to make any time of year. This recipe calls for making your own powdered sugar for the garnish by grinding granulated sugar until fine. Keep this trick in mind for the future, too. The almonds are also ground to a powder and used as the "flour" in the gluten free dessert. It's incredibly rich and moist, thanks to having a full 18 yolks (and just 2 whites) in the batter.
- 600 grams sugar
- 150 grams skinless almonds
- 220 grams water
- 3 tablespoons Siam pumpkin jam
- 18 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 1Place 100 grams of sugar in the Thermamix cup and grind for 15 seconds/speed 9.
- 2Remove and set aside.
- 3Place the almonds in the cup and set to 20 seconds/speed 7.
- 4Remove and set aside.
- 5Place the remaining 500 grams of sugar in the mixing bowl, add the water and set to 15 minutes/varoma/speed 2.
- 6Add the almonds and the jam and set to 10 minutes/varoma/speed 2.
- 7Remove and let cool.
- 8With the tip of a knife, cut the yolks and fold them carefully with the egg whites without over mixing.
- 9Set aside.
- 10Place the butterfly and set to 3 minutes/212ºF/speed 2 and gradually pour the eggs through the opening of the cup.
- 11Preheat the oven to 356°F.
- 12Pour the mixture in a greased and floured round cake pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- 13Once cool, unmold and sprinkle with the reserved powdered sugar.