"Pastel" Cheese And HamAnanás e Hortelã
When you grate parmesan cheese and bake it, the cheese melts to form a delicate wafer-thin crisp that's a savory snack or, when a toothpick is added as a holder, a whimsical cocktail nibble. Poppy seeds and a mixture of white and black sesame seeds are added here for more flavor, texture, and eye appeal. You'll need a thin spatula, preferably an offset spatula, and a careful hand to remove the cheese pops from the baking sheet; lining the sheet with parchment is essential, too.
- 200 grams all-purpose flour (type 65 and unleavened)
- 100 milliliters water
- 1 olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg yolks (for brushing)
- ketchup (or tomato paste to taste)
- dried oregano (to taste)
- 6 Flemish cheese slices
- 6 slices ham
- 1In a bowl, place the flour and salt.
- 2Make a well in the flour and add the water and olive oil and slowly stir from the inside out, until a smooth dough forms. Sprinkle a work surface with flour and knead the dough a little.
- 3Roll the dough into a circle. Brush with ketchup or tomato paste, leaving an edge.
- 4Sprinkle with oregano.
- 5On one half of the circle, arrange the slices of cheese and ham interspersed to taste. Fold the other half over the toppings and press with fingertips to seal.
- 6Brush with egg yolk.
- 7Bake in preheated oven at 350ºF, for about 20-25 minutes or until golden