When you grate parmesan cheese and bake it, the cheese melts to form a delicate wafer-thin crisp that's a savory snack or, when a toothpick is added as a holder, a whimsical cocktail nibble. Poppy seeds and a mixture of white and black sesame seeds…
are added here for more flavor, texture, and eye appeal. You'll need a thin spatula, preferably an offset spatula, and a careful hand to remove the cheese pops from the baking sheet; lining the sheet with parchment is essential, too.
- 200 grams all purpose flour (type 65 and unleavened)
- 100 milliliters water
- 1 olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg yolk (for brushing)
- ketchup (or tomato paste to taste)
- dried oregano (to taste)
- 6 Flemish cheese slices
- 6 slices ham
- In a bowl, place the flour and salt.
- Make a well in the flour and add the water and olive oil and slowly stir from the inside out, until a smooth dough forms. Sprinkle a work surface with flour and knead the dough a little.
- Roll the dough into a circle. Brush with ketchup or tomato paste, leaving an edge.