"Fatias de Tomar" (Slices of Tomar - Portuguese Food Specialty)Receitas Da Felicidade!
Fatias de Tamar is a specialty of Portugal that deserves more attention here in the United States, too. It's an incredibly rich confection that starts with twenty egg yolks, which are mixed in the Thermomix for a full fifteen minutes, followed by another ten minutes, before being cooked in a water bath in the Varoma. What really makes this so popular is the hot syrup that's drizzled over the sliced yolk "cake" before serving.
- 20 egg yolks
- butter (for greasing, as needed)
- 1,200 grams water
- 350 grams sugar
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 1 lemon
- 1Put the "butterfly" in the Thermomix bowl and add the yolks. Beat for 15 minutes/37°/speed 4.
- 2Beat the yolks for another 10 minutes on speed 4.
- 3Grease a cake pan with butter and pour the yolks into the pan.
- 4Cover the pan with aluminum foil and place in Varoma.
- 5In a clean bowl, put 1000 grams of water in the Varoma, and set for 50 minutes/Varoma/speed 2.
- 6Remove and set aside.
- 7In a clean bowl place the remaining 200 grams of water, sugar, cinnamon stick and lemon peel.
- 8Set for 10 minutes/Varoma/speed 2.
- 9Unmold the yolks, cut into slices and drizzle with the hot syrup.