This rich and filling “Brigadeiro” Cake Stuffed with White Chocolate and Puff Pastry is not the cake you want to make if you want something light and low calorie. However, if you want a decadent dessert that will call your taste buds in the middle of the night begging them to come to the kitchen, then this is the dessert of your dreams. Each layer offers a creamy, chocolate filling. It may be rich, but then don’t you deserve that sometimes?
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 can condensed milk (I used the rest for the filling)
- 150 grams sugar
- 200 grams chocolate bar (for cooking)
- 100 grams butter
- 250 grams flour
- 2 deciliters milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 puff pastry (pack of ready-made)
- 1/2 can condensed milk (what's left of the cake used)
- 1 bar white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 egg yolks
- Grease a (used rectangular) with butter and dusted with flour. Bring to the boil in a water bath to melt the dark chocolate with the butter and let it melt all stir occasionally to get a homogenous mix well, turn off the heat.
- Break the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites, add the sugar to the yolks and whisk until one eggnog.
- Continue beating and add the condensed milk and half of the melted chocolate slowly. After all blended well, add slowly and as it hits the milk alternately with the flour and the fermento.Bata the egg whites and fold them gently into the batter. Bake in preheated oven at 170º for 50 minutes, remove the cake from the oven and unmold it.
- In a pan also take bath in the condensed milk and white chocolate to melt, stirring constantly, finally add two tablespoons of butter and stir until thickened.
- Bake the pastry for 10 to 15 m or until golden brown.
- After the cake and cold filling, cut the cake in half to cover the cake with half of the pastry and cover with the cream of white chocolate, put the other half of the cake and decorate to taste (I used almond dough and gave way of hearts).
PER SERVING *
|Calories1380Calories from Fat680|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat680|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.