Zucchinis Stuffed with Mushrooms, Spring Garlic, and Cheddar CheeseRecetas del Señor Señor
Crisp zucchini and soft mushrooms, with melted cheese. These Hors d’Oeurves are perfect to start of a dinner party. A hint of garlic and pepper add a delightful zing to every bite.
- 2 zucchini
- 6 garlic (spring, or leeks, diced)
- 1 leeks (sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and sliced)
- 1 bag mixed mushrooms (frozen)
- 100 grams cheddar cheese (cubed)
- grating cheese
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Start by boiling the zucchini whole for 10 minutes in salted water. Remove from the water and cool.
- 3For the stuffing, saute the garlic, leeks, and green bell pepper together.
- 4Add the mushrooms, and turn the heat up to high to defrost the mushrooms and cook off any excess water they release. After 10 minutes, remove from heat and set aside to slightly cool.
- 5Once the stuffing has cooled, add the cubed cheese so it does not melt.
- 6With the cooled zucchini, cut off the tops and remove the inside flesh with a melon baller or spoon.
- 7Fill the zucchini to the top with the stuffing.
- 8Cover with a little grated cheese and bake for a few minutes until they heat back up and the cheese melts. Change to broiler for the last 2 minutes.