- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups zucchini (grated and squeezed)
- 120 grams dark chocolate (broken into pieces)
- Preheat oven 360°F.
- Grease a bundt pan with butter, and line with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the flours, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, yeast, and baking soda.
- To prepare the buttermilk, mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1/3 cup of milk. Mix and let sit for about 10-15 minutes before using.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs until they double in volume. Add the yogurt, buttermilk, oil, sugar and vanilla, stirring well. Then add the zucchini and chocolate pieces.
- Add the flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour the batter in the cake pan, and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and wait 10 minutes before removing from the bundt pan.
Lorna C. 14 days ago
So dry...not very favourable. I won’t be making this again.