- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (for buttermilk)
- 1/3 cup milk (for buttermilk)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups zucchini (grated and pressed)
- 120 grams dark chocolate (cut in pieces)
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- First, prepare the buttermilk by mixing 1 tablespoon lemon juice with 1/3 cup milk. Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes before using.
- Grease a loaf pan with butter and line with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, plain flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs well until they double in volume. Add yogurt, prepared buttermilk, oil, sugar, and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Add the zucchini and chocolate pieces to the egg mixture.
- Add the flour mixture, and stir well to combine.
- Pour the batter in the pan, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes (or until a toothpick can be inserted into the center and come out clean).
- Remove from oven and wait 10 minutes before removing from the loaf pan.