- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion (medium, finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 zucchini (large, coarsely grated, excess liquid squeezed out)
- 8 3/4 ounces long grain white rice (cooked)
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh chives (chopped)
- 2 sheets pie dough (frozen, thawed)
- 3 1/2 ounces chorizo (sliced)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs (peeled, halved)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease and line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins, or until softened. Add zucchini and cook for 2-3 mins, or until zucchini begins to wilt. Drain excess liquid. Let cool. Add rice, cheese and chives. Season.
- Place pastry on prepared pan, overlapping by 1 1/2 inch. Gently press pastry together to seal. Arrange chorizo in center of pastry, leaving a 3 inch border. Spread 1/2 zucchini mixture over chorizo, top with hard-boiled egg then remaining zucchini mixture.
- Using a sharp knife, make cuts at 2/3 inch intervals in the pastry surrounding the filling. Bring ends up to enclose filling, and bring alternating strips up and over filling to enclose. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 25-30 mins or until golden. Remove tray from oven, let cool for 5 mins then slice to serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories580Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.