Once in a while you will find a recipe that stands the test of time for decadence and pure bliss. This recipe for Zucchini Stuffed with Salmon, Prawns and Sweet Potato is one to keep on hand for any holiday, special occasion or celebration. With the richness and delicious taste, this recipe is full of flavor. it is a little bit of heaven in each bite. The hardest part of this delicious recipe, is deciding who will get to enjoy the other corners with you. Make a batch this weekend.
- 4 zucchini (round)
- 1 green onions
- 1 sweet potatoes
- 150 grams fresh salmon
- peeled prawns (Some)
- prosciutto (Some, tips)
- cottage cheese (to melt)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- potato chips (Sweet, to serve)
- Scrub and peel sweet potatoes and cut into medium size pieces.
- Heat a generous amount of oil in a pan and sauté sweet potatoes until about half-cooked.
- Set aside cooked sweet potatoes to drain on a paper towel.
- Add shrimp to hot pan and sauté.
- Add green onion when shrimp is half-cooked.
- Add sweet potato, salmon and some shredded prosciutto tips.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Boil whole squash for five minutes.
- Let squash cool.
- Cut open squash and scoop out seeds and inner flesh, being careful not to puncture outer walls.
- Reserve the flesh for another use.
- Fill the zucchini with sweet potato mixture.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- Top stuffed zucchini with a generous spoonful of cottage cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper and broil for five minutes, watching carefully.
- To serve, garnish with potato chip, if desired.