Zucchini and Roquefort PizzaL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Basic pizza dough forms a firm crust for this satisfying, sauce-free pizza. Garlicky, thinly sliced zucchini gets time under the broiler before topping the par-baked crust, along with pungent Roquefort and gooey mozzarella cheese. Cooked until bubbly and lightly browned, it needs a few minutes to cool before serving so you don't burn your mouth. If squash and blue cheese aren't your thing, go ahead and use whatever toppings you like.
- 500 grams plain flour
- 250 grams warm water
- 50 grams extra-virgin olive oil
- 20 grams yeast (brewer’s)
- 10 grams salt
- 500 grams mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 100 grams roquefort cheese
- 2 zucchini (medium, sliced thin lengthwise)
- garlic powder
- 1In a bowl, add the flour and make a well in the center, add the yeast and dissolve it in the water.
- 2Gradually mix together, adding the salt and oil, to form a dough.
- 3Knead and work the dough into a loaf shape. Leave to rest for 1 1/2 hours.
- 4Gently flatten the dough, without kneading, with a rolling pin, and transfer to a pan.
- 5Preheat the oven's broiler on high.
- 6Place the zucchini on a baking sheet and sprinkle with oil and garlic powder. Broil for a few minutes until the zucchini slices begin to brown.
- 7Preheat the oven to 240 - 250 degrees Celsius.
- 8Flatten the dough into a well-oiled pizza pan.
- 9When the oven is hot, cook the dough for up to 15 minutes. Rotate the pan halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- 10Remove from the oven, garnish with the ingredients and return to the heat until the mozzarella is melted and slightly brown, for 5 – 6 minutes.
- 11Remove from the pan immediately and place on a cooling rack.
- 12Leave to rest for a few minutes before slicing.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1070Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.