Zucchini is a versatile vegetable. It is tasty in sweet, spicy, and savory dishes. This Zucchini and Rice Roast dish is perfect for a Sunday dinner side dish. It is hearty and healthy. Ingredients include large sliced zucchini, cooked rice of your choice, tomatoes, egg, olive oil, ground thyme, sliced onion, minced garlic cloves, and shredded parmesan cheese. This dish will please the palate and immediately become a family favorite.
- 2 zucchinis (large, sliced)
- 2/3 cup rice (cooked)
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ground thyme
- 1 onion (medium, peeled and sliced in rings)
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Add the tomatoes, zucchini, and olive oil to a medium bowl, and mix well.
- Grill the tomatoes and zucchini on a skillet at medium heat until they are golden brown, and turn off the stove.
- Grease another skillet with cooking spray, heat it on medium heat, add the onions and garlic cloves, and cook until the onions are transparent.
- Mix the rice, onions, garlic, egg, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and thyme in a large bowl.
- Add half of the rice to a glass cooking tray, spread the zucchini on top, add the rest of the rice, spread on top the tomatoes and the rest of the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 200 C.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool off completely, and serve.
|Calories230Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.