You do not have to spend a ton of money to have a five star dinner. Try this recipe for Courgette and Leek Tartelettes with Home-Made Marinated Salmon . This rich and flavorful appetizer combines a hearty meal on a budget. Be sure to plan ahead, because these decadent hand held treats need to be refrigerated for at least an hour before serving. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- For the salmon marinade. begin marinating process about 2-3 days before preparing any dish or consuming.
- In a container, place a base of smoked salt.
- Place salmon skin side on top of the salt, sprinkle with dill and cover with another generous layer of salt.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of days.
- Rinse salt from fish and pat dry.
- The salmon is now ready to use.
- Dice leek and zucchini.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté leek and zucchini over low heat.
- For the tartlets, lightly brush the filo pastry sheets with oil and sprinkle with dill.
- Using a dough cutter, cut the filo pastry in circles and group them in fours.
- Press pastry sheets into the wells of a muffin pan and bake it at 180°C (approximately 350°F) for 7-8 minutes.
- Cool pastry shells on a rack.
- Fill the tartlets with vegetables and top each with 1-2 pieces of salmon.