Zucchini and Avocado SushiMarmita
Enjoy this vegetarian recipe for Zucchini and Avocado Sushi on a warm summer afternoon or evening or serve as an appetizer at your next big event. Combining the fresh flavors of avocado and zucchini, each vegetarian sushi roll is stuffed with fluffy sushi rice. Cool and refreshing, these bite sized rolls are sure to please. Sprinkle each roll with black sesame seeds and serve with a dijon mustard yogurt sauce for dipping, see recipe instructions.
- 2 servings
- 125 grams sushi rice
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1/2 avocado
- salt (to taste)
- 1/2 lemon juice
- chopped parsley (to taste)
- black sesame seeds
- 1 natural yogurt
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ground black pepper
- black mustard seeds (to taste)
- 1Wash the rice under running water several times, and let drain in a colander for about 40 minutes.
- 2Then, heat the rice in a saucepan of boiling water, let a little bit of the water evaporate, put the lid on the pan, and let the rice simmer for about 5 minutes (be careful not to let it stick to the bottom of the pan). Remove from heat, and cool completely.
- 3Cut the ends of the zucchini, wash thoroughly and cut thin slices of the zucchini with a potato peeler and grill. Be careful not to grill too much so that the zucchini slices do not fall apart.
- 4While the rice and zucchini cool, place the avocado in a small bowl, and use a fork to crush. Add salt, the juice of 1/2 a lemon, and finally, chopped parsley.
- 5Assemble the sushi, as pictured.
- 6First, add the rice, then the avocado, and then roll up the zucchini slices carefully.
- 7Sprinkle some black sesame seeds on top to add a very oriental touch.
- 8For the sauce, mix plain yogurt, a dash of olive oil, a tablespoon of old Dijon mustard, salt, pepper to taste, and finally a grain of black mustard.