Zucchini Salad with Mint and Basil OilHoje para Jantar
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 garlic cloves (medium)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 basil leaves
- 10 mint leaves
- 1Rinse basil and mint leaves and pat dry.
- 2Pour olive oil over basil leaves and let macerate for 1 hour.
- 3Chop mint leaves and place in a salad bowl.
- 4Rinse zucchini and cut off ends.
- 5Very finely grate zucchini and place in bowl with mint leaves.
- 6Drain basil leaves and reserve olive oil.
- 7In a mortar, crush garlic and basil leaves and season with a pinch of salt and lemon juice.
- 8Add mixture to salad bowl and drizzle with reserved olive oil.
- 9Toss salad well, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, so that flavors blend.
- 10To serve, toss salad again and garnish with pine nuts.