Zucchini Red Pepper QuicheKitchenAid
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (block)
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese (block)
- 9 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper (fresh)
- 1/2 red pepper (seeded)
- 1/2 zucchini (one small)
- 1 green onions (snipped)
- 2 sheets puff pastry (thawed)
- 1Place the prep bowl of a KitchenAid®Pro Line®16 cup Food Processor inside of the work bowl and attach the 2 mm shredding disc using the disc adapter. Use the small food pusher to process the cheese blocks through the feed tube. Remove the prep bowl and set aside.
- 2Position the multipurpose blade into the work bowl and push down to lock. Add in the eggs, salt and pepper, and process on low speed for 10 seconds.
- 3Remove multipurpose blade and attach dicing kit. On low speed dice the zucchini and then the red pepper, using the Grid clean out tool to push any stuck vegetables through the disc.
- 4Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Lay puff pastry sheets out onto a sheet of parchment paper and use a pizza roller to cut each sheet into 6 equal pieces. Gently press each rectangle into each of the muffin cups, spreading gently as needed to cover up the sides of the cups.
- 5Place 1 tablespoon of the shredded cheese onto the bottom of each puff pastry cup. Pour 1/4 cup of egg and vegetable mixture on top of the cheese. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the remaining cheese over top each filled pastry cup.
- 6Bake for 20-25 minutes or until middles are set and pastry edges are golden brown.
- 7Tip: To make quiches ahead, prepare as described above, then cool to room temperature and reheat at 400∘degrees for 6-8 minutes or until just heated through.