- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 can tomatoes (whole, 28 oz)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 1/2 pounds ricotta
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (divided, shredded)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 zucchini (large, ends trimmed, cut into 4-inch sections)
- 1Preheat oven to 375° F
- 2Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chili flakes; saute 1-2 minutes. Stir in whole tomatoes, tomato paste and salt. Simmer 10-15 minutes. Break up whole tomatoes with back of spoon. Stir in basil and remove from heat.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; saute 3-4 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper and spinach. Cook 2-3 minutes until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and transfer to medium bowl. Let cool slightly, then stir in ricotta, mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan and eggs. Combine thoroughly.
- 4Attach Vegetable Sheet Cutter Attachment to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Insert the food holder and zucchini/cucumber adapter in the center of both ends of zucchini section, aligning the red marks. Secure zucchini and food holder onto attachment. Insert food skewer through zucchini/cucumber adapter and all the way through zucchini. Attach Thin Blade to attachment. Position bowl under blade to catch zucchini. Turn Stand Mixer to Speed 2 and position blade against zucchini to process. Repeat with remaining zucchini sections.
- 5Cut zucchini sheets into 6-inch pieces, yields about 10-12 sheets.
- 6Spread 3/4 of the tomato sauce in bottom of 9 x 13 pan. Spread sheets out evenly on work surface. Divide ricotta mixture between sheets and spread out evenly, leaving a 1-inch strip empty on the end of each sheet. Starting with the filled end, roll tightly and arrange manicotti in prepared pan, seam side down. Spoon remaining sauce over rolls. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and bake 30-35 minutes.