Zucchini LoafL'Antro dell'Alchimista
If you have never tried a Zucchini Loaf, you have been missing out! This Italian dish is a perfect blend of vegetables and rich Italian flavors. This dish is commonly served for dinner but can also be served at a party as an appetizer or bite size meal. Just cut up the completed Zucchini Loaf recipe into smaller dices and add a utensil to eat it with! You will love this Zucchini Loaf recipe.
- 2 eggs
- 250 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 100 grams parmesan cheese (grated)
- 200 grams milk
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 4 zucchini (sliced julienne)
- 50 grams lard (cheek, cut into small cubes, may substitute bacon)
- dry white wine (as needed)
- basil (chopped)
- salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180C.
- 2Saute the onion with 2 tablespoons of oil, add the cheek lard and the zucchini. Drizzle with some wine, season with salt and cook for approximately 15 minutes.
- 3Add the basil and let cool.
- 4Sift the flour with the baking powder, add the eggs, lightly beaten, the parmesan cheese, milk, and 2 tablespoons of oil, and stir to combine.
- 5Add the zucchini and the cheek lard, incorporating them completely. Add salt and black pepper to taste, if necessary.
- 6Butter and flour a loaf pan and add the batter.
- 7Bake for 45 minutes.
- 8Remove the pan from the oven and serve warm.
PER SERVING *
|Calories670Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.