- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini (about 3-4 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise ¼-inch thick)
- salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion (about ½ large onion)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 pound ground beef (lean is OK)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
|Calories450Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Ortega 18 Nov 2018
Delicious, be careful on the mandolins
Tessa McBee 23 Oct 2018
Omg it was SO good!!!
April Carroll 15 Sep 2018
Very good don’t even miss the pasta noodles
Wagner 7 Aug 2018
It turned out really delicious! I changed a lot of things but used this as my base recipe. One thing I do recommend is that you let the zuchinni drain for a lot longer and press in between paper towels with a heavy object on top (I used a sheet pan with some canned corn). This draws out a lot more water. Also I made the mistake of not rinsing the zuchinni after using salt to draw out moisture and the final product was saltier than I would have liked. I also used tomato paste in combination with stewed tomatoes to create a thicker sauce as to cut down on the water so the finished product wouldn't be so watery. Overall great base recipe but there is a lot that can be improved upon👌
Meowlickss . 31 Jul 2018
This was delicious. I caramelized the onions so I cooked them much longer and added red pepper flakes with the garlic. I also used a giant zucchini from the garden.
Lisa Graziano 2 Jul 2018
Loved this recipe I followed it to a tee which I never and it came out great no noodles is great
Marilyn Keohokalole 5 Jan 2018
Fast, kid-friendly recipe, great for those of us who don't like lasagna noodles... tend to break/tear, or are under-done...easy recipe to adapt to other vegetable add-ins.
Cyndi O. 9 Aug 2017
Very good, especially leftover.