- 3 zucchini (approx 2-inch diameter, trimmed, cut into 4-inch sections)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 yukon gold potatoes (baby, peeled)
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil (for frying)
- Attach Fresh Prep Slicer/Shredder Attachment to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer, and attach medium shredding blade. Position large bowl under attachment to catch shredded ingredients. Place zucchini sections, 1 at a time, in feed tube. Turn stand mixer to speed 5 and process. Repeat with remaining sections. Transfer to colander and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sea salt. Toss to combine and let drain 10 minutes. Wring moisture from zucchini by pressing against sides of colander or wrapping in a clean dishcloth and wringing them out. Place shredded zucchini in large mixing bowl and toss with fork to loosen shreds. Stack potatoes end to end in feed tube.
- Process on speed 6 until potatoes are shredded. Add to zucchini mixture along with scallions, egg, flour and Parmesan cheese. Season with sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In large skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Drop zucchini mixture by 1/4 cupfuls into hot skillet. Do not overcrowd pan - just 2-3 fritters at a time. Flatten slightly and cook until crisp and golden, 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer fritters to foil lined baking pan and keep warm in oven while cooking remaining fritters.
PER SERVING *
|Calories90Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.