Zucchini Frittata with MintL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Sauteed zucchini and shallots are simply seasoned with salt and pepper before joining the eggy, mint and Parmesan-flecked filling for this easy frittata. Because this recipe is highly adaptable, you can also add whatever ingredients you like. The hardest part, really, is flipping the frittata halfway through cooking. Prepared on the stovetop, it's all-but-built for a quick weeknight dinner or a leisurely weekend brunch. Serve this dish with a peppery arugula salad that's lightly dressed in lemon vinaigrette.
- 3 zucchini (large, cut into rounds)
- 1 shallots (finely sliced)
- 4 eggs
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- salt and ground black pepper (as needed)
- mint leaves (chopped)
- 1Saute the shallot in a pan with a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- 2Add the zucchini and saute for approximately 15 minutes (add a few tablespoons of water if necessary).
- 3Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- 4Beat the eggs lightly in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, a pinch of salt and the chopped mint leaves.
- 5Pour the egg mixture on top of the zucchini in the pan and cook the frittata on both sides until nicely browned.
- 6Serve warm garnished with a few mint leaves.