If you want a hearty appetizer for your Sunday brunch this week, then why not try this Zucchini Flower Fritters recipe? It is packed with flavor and crisp textures. Be sure you allow time to prepare these tender morsels, because you need to let the batter rest for at least one hour. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce for a savory treat before dinner. We hope you love them as much as we do.
- 8 zucchini blossoms
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- warm water (15 cl.)
- 200 grams flour
- 2 eggs
- olive oil (15 cl.)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- Wash the zucchini flowers, remove the pistil, and dry with a paper towel. Work gently to preserve the petals.
- Mix yeast in warm water until dissolved.
- In a bowl, add the flour, and make a well in the center. Break the eggs in the well and mix.
- Add 5 centiliters of olive oil and mix.
- Gradually, add the yeast mixture. Mix to a smooth, thick batter. Add salt and pepper.
- Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let the batter rest for 1 hour.
- In a large skillet, heat enough oil to fry.
- Coat the zucchini flowers in the batter and fry them until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once cooked, place on paper towels to absorb excess grease.
- Additional herbs and spices can be added to the batter to taste.