- 150 grams zucchini
- 100 grams cashew nuts
- 75 grams butter
- 50 grams dark chocolate (with 70% cocoa content)
- 2 eggs
- 150 grams sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar (or 1 teaspoon vanilla essence)
- 50 grams all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons natural cocoa (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- chocolate chips (optional)
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius/ 340 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a brownie pan (mine is 22 x 24 cm/ 8.6 x 9.5 inches) with baking paper.
- Grate the zucchini and roughly chop the cashews.
- Place the butter and the roughly chopped chocolate into a small pan and heat gently until melted. Do not let boil. Leave to cool for a few minutes while preparing the rest.
- Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar into a bowl and whisk up with a hand-held mixer until frothy.
- Mix the flour, cocoa and baking powder together and give over the egg mixture. Incorporate and add the butter-chocolate mixture. Add the zucchini and the cashews and incorporate everything. You can add some chocolate chips here if you like.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, depending on your oven and also the size of the pan. Insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake. It should come out still a little moist. Leave to cool and dust with icing sugar if desired.
- It keeps well in an airtight container for several days.
PER SERVING *
|Calories650Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.