Sweet potato casserole is the perfect dish when you want to treat friends and family to the joys of comfort food. This recipe takes the flavor of sweet potato and perfectly pairs it with Johnsonville Andouille Premium Cooking Sausage. The flavors play off each other nicely, mastering the balance of sweet and savory. Add some crimini mushrooms, pecans and brown sugar, and you’ve got comfort done right!
- 5 cups sweet potato (diced, mashed)
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms (diced)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper (minced)
- 1 Johnsonville® Andouille Premium Cooking Sausage (half package of 13.5 ounces, quartered and sliced ½-inch)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Boil diced sweet potato. Mash when softened after draining.
- Sauté mushrooms, pepper and sausage until slightly browned.
- Combine first 5 ingredients and stir until combined.
- Stir in vegetables and meat blend.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Pour mixture into 2 quart casserole coated with oil.
- Top with pecans.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.