- 3 tablespoons Mazola Corn Oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (medium, chopped)
- 1 cup carrots (shredded OR chopped)
- 1 cup mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cans tomato sauce (15 ounces each no salt added)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (no added salt)
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands Ground Mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- Spice Islands Medium Grind Black Pepper (To taste)
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (use 1/2 for mild or 1 for spicy, optional)
- 1 pound ground turkey breast (98% lean)
- 15 ounces black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 12 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion, bell pepper, carrots, mushrooms and corn.
- Saute for 5 minutes until vegetables are slightly tender and onions are translucent.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Stir together tomato sauce, tomato paste, cumin, mustard, vinegar, molasses, Whrcestershire sauce, black pepper and chipotle if desired, in a large bowl.
- Add ground turkey to slow cooker, breaking up into smaller pieces with a large spoon or spatula.
- Add sauteed vegetables, tomato mixutre and black beans; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook 4 hours on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW.
- To serve, scoop a 1/2 cup portion on to a sliced bun.