Zesty Lime Marinated Chicken with Homemade Watermelon SalsaFOODISTA
- 2 cups watermelon (seeded and diced)
- 1 ear sweet corn (fresh, cut from the cob)
- 1/2 cup cucumber (peeled and diced)
- 1/2 cup sweet pepper (yellow or orange, diced)
- 3 tablespoons red onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken breasts (4- 5 ounces each, boneless, skinless)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper (Fresh)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- To Make Salsa: In a medium bowl, combine watermelon, cucumber, sweet pepper, corn, cilantro and onion. In a small bowl, mix together ¼ cup lime juice, honey, red pepper flakes and salt. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving, to blend flavors.
- To Make Chicken: In a shallow bowl add the chicken, 3 tablespoons lime juice and sprinkle with a little garlic powder, salt and pepper. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Coat a large nonstick pan or a grill pan with olive oil spray, add olive oil and heat. Add chicken, cover, and sauté over medium heat until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 10-12 minutes total. Remove the chicken from the pan
- To Make Honey Lime Glaze: In a small bowl, mix together ¼ cup lime juice, 2 tablespoons honey and Tabasco. Add the honey lime glaze to the same pan. Cook for about 30 seconds until melted. Return cooked chicken to pan, flipping the chicken once to coat with the glaze.
- Remove from pan and plate each piece. Spoon watermelon salsa on top of each piece of chicken and serve with more salsa on the side.
|Calories390Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.