- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1/3 cup fresh herbs (packed, such as: basil, thyme, rosemary, oregano, sage, and/or even mint.)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons shallots (chopped)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste)
- Place all the ingredients except for the chicken into the bowl of your KitchenAid® Food Chopper. Puree the ingredients for 40 seconds, until the marinade is creamy and the herbs are finely chopped.
- Pour the marinade into a gallon-size bag, reserving about 1/8 cup to brush over the chicken after cooking. Then, add the chicken breasts. If your chicken breasts are thick, place them on a cutting board with a plastic bag or plastic wrap over the top, and gently beat them, starting at the thickest end, with a meat mallet or rolling pin. Allow the marinade to rest with the chicken in the fridge for at least thirty minutes, or up to twelve hours.
- After the resting time, spray your KitchenAid® Grill and Panini Press with oil, and then heat the Press with the lid over high heat. Once the Press is hot, reduce the burner to medium heat, and place the chicken breasts in the hot Press, discarding the extra marinade in the bag. Place the hot lid on the chicken breasts, and cook the chicken on each side for 10-12 minutes, or until the chicken breasts reach an internal temperature of 165°F. Brush the chicken with the remaining 1/8 cup marinade before serving, or use this reserved marinade as a dipping sauce. Serve the chicken as a main course, or use the sliced chicken in a summer salad, sandwich, or wrap.
|Calories390Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Buckman 15 Oct 2018
excellent. few modifications, but delicious.