- 1 Classic Crisco Pie Crust (recipe deep dish double crust)
- 2/3 cup cornbread mix (Martha White® Yellow)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa (mild or medium)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 ounce taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 15 ounces black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (finely)
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican cheese blend (2 cups, divided)
- PREPARE pie pastry according to recipe directions except reduce flour to 2 cups and add 2/3 cup yellow cornbread mix. Chill 30 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Cook ground beef and onion in large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain. Stir in salsa, water, taco seasoning and garlic powder. Bring to a simmer. Stir in black beans, corn and cilantro. Remove from heat.
- ROLL larger ball of dough between 2 sheets of wax paper into a 13-inch circle. Remove top sheet of wax paper. Invert into 9 1/2-inch deep dish glass pie plate for the bottom crust. Remove remaining wax paper. Roll out remaining dough between 2 sheets wax paper into an 11-inch circle. Spoon half of beef mixture into crust. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat beef and cheese layers. Remove top sheet of wax paper from remaining dough. Invert on top of filled pie. Remove remaining wax paper. Trim, seal and flute edges as desired. Cut several 1/2-inch slits in top crust to vent steam. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
|Calories620Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.