Few ingredients go together as perfectly as chocolate and caramel. This recipe for Zebra Cake with Caramel Cover with tantalize the taste buds and leave you in a dreamy, creamy land of happiness. It takes 65 minutes to prepare. Ingredients include eggs, sugar, water, vegetable oil, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cocoa powder. Remember to add milk to your grocery list so you can sit down and enjoy this decadent dessert with a tall glass.
- 6 eggs (separated)
- 300 grams sugar
- 125 milliliters water
- 125 milliliters vegetable oil
- 350 grams flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons powdered chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Add half the sugar, and whisk a little more.
- Stir the egg yolks with the water in a mixer until foamy. Add the remaining sugar and the oil, and whisk a little more.
- Combine the flour with the baking soda and baking powder, and add to egg yolk mixture.
- Gently add the egg whites little by little.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions, and add powdered chocolate to one half.
- Line a cake pan with parchment paper and grease.
- Place a scoop of white dough (no chocolate) in the center, and cover with a spoon of chocolate dough, and so forth until there is no dough left.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick placed in the center of the cake comes out dry.
- Let cool, and cover with melted caramel.
PER SERVING *
|Calories990Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.