- 1 cup egg whites ( Naturegg Simply, well shaken)
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (divided)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 10-inch (25 cm) springform pan.
- Whisk the egg whites with the sugar, milk, oil and vanilla. Whisk 2 cups (500 mL) flour with the baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture just until combined.
- Divide the batter in half. Sift the cocoa powder over one portion; stir just until combined (do not over mix). Sift the remaining flour over the second portion of batter; stir just until combined.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the white batter into the centre of the prepared cake pan; allow it to spread naturally. Spoon an equal portion of the cocoa batter into the centre of the first circle. Working quickly, alternately spoon the remaining batters into the centre of the pan until used up. (The batter will spread into series of concentric circles.)
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a tester inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
PER SERVING *
|Calories240Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Heavenly Oreo DessertLife in the Lofthouse
Zebra CakeHome Cooking Adventure
Super-moist Pumpkin Spice CakeHellmann's
No Bake Oreo Layer DessertBrown Eyed Baker
Zebra CakeTurkish Style Cooking
Emergency Chocolate DessertA Fork and A Pencil
Turtle Brownie Ice Cream DessertBetty Crocker
Raspberry Shortcake DessertReal Life Dinner
Zebra PopcornCrazy For Crust