Yule logs such as this one are a staple on many holiday tables around the world come December 25. While they certainlyy look fancy, they are in fact surprisingly easy to pull off. The jelly roll cake is foolproof, with a structure that allows for tear-free rolling up into a log shape. The filling here couldn't be eaiser, too: Just chocolate, cream, and butter melted together until smooth and spreadable.
- 250 grams sugar
- 100 grams flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 200 grams cream
- 50 grams butter
- With the butterfly of the blender cup, beat the eggs with the sugar. Set to 5m/vel4/98°F.
- When finished, set for 5 more minutes at the same speed but without heat.
- Add the flour and baking powder. Set to speed 5 for a few seconds until well mixed.
- Pour into a greased and floured rectangular pan. Place in a preheated oven at 180°C and bake for 10 minutes.
- For the frosting: pour the cream into the cup and set for 3 minutes/158°F/speed 3.
- Chop the chocolate and add to the cream and butter to melt. Set at 2 minutes/98ºF/speed 4.
- Once the cake is done, unmold it on a kitchen towel sprinkled with sugar. Spread with half of the frosting and roll up immediately.
- Let cool completely and spread with the remaining frosting and decorate as you prefer.