Note: For a quicker dressing, stir together 1/2 cup fat free ranch-style dressing with the mashed avocado and lime juice instead of the dressing recipe above. For a thinner consistency, stir in 1 tablespoon water.
- 1 avocado (ripe medium, roughly mashed with a fork)
- 1/4 cup non-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (coarsely ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound pork tenderloin (cut into 1/2-inch slices)
- 6 cups romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (quartered, optional)
- 1 poblano chiles (medium, seeded and diced)
- 1/2 cup red onion (diced)
- 1/3 cup cilantro (chopped)
- Coat a medium skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Cook the pork tenderloin slices for 3-4 minutes on each side or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Meanwhile, stir together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Combine the remaining salad ingredients in a large salad bowl. Add the pork and dressing and toss until well coated.
- Makes 10 cups salad total, including 1 cup dressing
- Serves 4; 2 1/2 cups per serving