Make your own tasty fish tacos for Taco Tuesday at home with this recipe for Yucatan-style Dogfish. Cooked in a mixture of lime juice, bay leaf, and epazote sprigs, the dogfish fillets are tender and flavorful. Shred the dogfish and serve as a part of a make your own taco bar. A spicy habanero and epazote tomato sauce makes the perfect hot sauce to add to your tacos. You can also make your own tostadas, follow the instructions at the end of the recipe.
- 6 fillets (dogfish)
- 1 lime
- bay leaf
- 2 epazote (sprigs)
- 0.5 kilograms tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 100 grams onions
- vegetable oil
- 1 chili (habanero)
- chicken-flavored soup powder
- corn tortillas
- refried beans (black)
- In a saucepan, cook the dogfish fillets in water with lime juice, bay leaf, 1 epazote sprig, and salt to taste for 30 minutes.
- Remove the fillets from the saucepan and shred.
- In a blender, add the tomato, 1/4 cup water, and onion.
- In a saucepan, heat some oil and add the tomato mixture. Add epazote and habanero chili. Season with bouillon powder and salt.
- Cook over low heat, stirring continuously for 30 minutes, until it thickens.
- Brush the tortillas with vegetable oil and heat on both sides.
- Place the tortillas on plate. Spread refried black beans on the tortillas. Add the shredded dogfish. Pour sauce on top. Repeat the process 3 times, finishing off with a tortilla. Add a generous amount of tomato sauce on top.
- Garnish to taste.