- 3/4 cup hellmann's or best foods real mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 pounds yuca (fresh, scrubbed, peeled and cut into 2 x 1/2-inch pieces or 2 packages (1 lb ea ) frozen yuca, thawed)
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic, paprika and cumin in medium bowl; set aside.
- Bring water and salt to a boil in 3-quart saucepan. Add yuca; boil 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and chill.
- Heat oil in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat and fry yuca, in two batches, 5 minutes or until crisp; drain on paper towels. Sprinkle, if desired, with additional salt and serve with Spiced Mayonnaise.
Adam Hirabayashi 13 days ago
a perfect blend of sweet and spicy