Here's a refreshing dessert for any time of year, but especially during winter, when you may crave the brightness of lemon and orange. To make the custard, milk is steeped with lemon zest and a cinnamon stick, then blended with brown sugar and plain…
yogurt, for subtle tanginess and a creamy consistency. Once divided, each portion is chilled until spoonably set and then topped with orange curd just before serving.
- 1 liter whole milk
- 1 lemon (zest)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk powder
- 1 plain yogurt
- cream (orange)
- Boil the milk with the lemon peel and cinnamon stick.
- Remove from heat and cool until warm.
- Mix the milk, sugar, and milk powder together in a medium bowl.
- Next, add the yogurt and mix well.
- Pour the liquid into cups up to 3/4 full, leaving space on top for the orange curd and then place in yogurt maker for about 10 hours.
- After this time, refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Fill each cup with orange cream and serve.