If you want a fruity dessert that is rich and flavorful, then try this Jar of Pear, Cranberries and Reims Biscuit dessert. The recipe combines fresh pears and cranberries all mixed with rich ingredients and a savory cake base made with Reims biscuit…
. Be sure you pick up these decadent ingredients the next time you go shopping so you can whip up this sweet and hearty dessert this weekend. Enjoy!
- 6 pears
- 1 handful fresh cranberries (or frozen, but not dried)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (to taste)
- 2 yogurts (natural)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 4 cookies (Reims)
- Peel the pears, cut them into pieces. Put them in a saucepan with the cranberries, add 2 tablespoons of water and the sugar (1 tablespoon is enough for me, but it's up to you whether you like more or less sweet) and the vanilla powder. Cook over medium heat and cover so the fruits burst and break down a bit while cooking. When the fruits are cooked, mix the sauce and pass it through the sieve if you want it to be smooth and free of cranberry seeds, though this step is not necessary. Let the sauce cool.
- Divide the sauce into 4, cover with the plain yogurt and sprinkle the vanilla powder.
- If you have cookies, crush them in a mortar or with a rolling pin and sprinkle on top of the yogurt.