- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup poppy seeds
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 ounces white chocolate (cut into ¼-inch pieces)
- poppy seeds
- white chocolate
- Prepare 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan, buttered and the bottom lined with parchment paper. Set a rack at the middle level of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until liquid, then whisk in the sugar. Continue whisking for a minute or two until the mixture lightesn slightly.
- Whisk the oil until it is combined.
- In another bowl mix the poppy seeds, coconut, flour, baking powder, and salt and stir half into the egg mixture. Stir in the yogurt, then stir in the remaining poppy seed mixture.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake the cake for about 30 minutes, until it is well risen, deep golden, and a knife or toothpick inserted in the center emerges clean.
- Cool the cake on a rack for 5 minutes, then unmold it onto a rack to cool. Peel off the paper an dinvert the cake on another rack so it cools righ side up.
- To make the frosting, bring the cream and butter to a boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat and add the white chocolate. Let stand 3 minutes, then whisk smooth. Pour the ganache into a bowl and refrigerte until it thickens to spreading consistency.
- When the ganache is ready, place the cake on a cardboard or platter and spread the ganach evenly over the top of the cake, swirling it into points and peaks. Sprinkle the chocolate shavings over the ganache.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1590Calories from Fat920|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat920|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.