Make this delightful plum cake in late summer when the stone fruit is at its flavorful best. You'll want to use the ripest plums for the sweetest result. Made with plain yogurt, the cake is also extra moist and tender, and would be delicious dolloped with more yogurt (sweetened or not) on top of each slice when serving, either as an easy dessert or a special treat anytime of day (even breakfast!).
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 100 grams wheat flour
- 50 grams margarine (softened)
- 3 plain yogurt (or other desired flavor)
- 5 plums (ripe)
- 2 eggs
- flour (for dusting)
- margarine (for greasing)
- Mix all the ingredients except for plums.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- Peel plums and cut into pieces or grind, if desired.
- Add plums to batter and mix well.
- Grease a round cake pan with margarine and dust with flour.
- Pour batter into the pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until firm.
- Let cool and remove from pan.