Plain yogurt is what gives this cake its incredible moistness and subtle tang, while six egg yolks impart welcome richness (and added moisture). The egg whites are beaten until stiff and folded into the batter to give it a bit of loft, as there are no other leaveners used. Here the batter is baked in a Bundt pan, so be sure to grease it thoroughly to allow for easy unmolding.
- 500 grams yogurt (natural)
- 6 eggs
- 1 kilogram sugar
- 1 kilogram flour
- 125 grams oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the yogurt with the egg yolks and sugar and stir well.
- Gradually, add the flour and oil, stirring well.
- Whisk the egg whites and gently add to the mixture without whisking.
- Pour the batter in a greased bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes.