Perch steaks are cooked in a broth that is flavored with saffron for a delectable dinner. Before getting simmered in the flavorful orange broth, the perch is seared with fresh thyme and dill to get multiple layers of bold flavor. This recipe is supe…
simple and quick to prepare, serve it with some rice or quinoa and roasted vegetables for a complete and healthy meal. The liquid from the fish can be drizzled over the rice for an extra kick of flavor.
- 2 perch fillets (Nile)
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads (or good quality ground saffron powder)
- Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a nonstick skillet.
- Add the fish fillets, sprinkle with thyme, and cook for about 4 minutes, then turn over to cook the other side.
- Drop the saffron threads in a mug of hot water. Let stand for a few minutes so the water gets colored and flavored by the strands.
- Pour this water over the fish fillets.
- Cover the skillet with a lid or a sheet of aluminum foil, and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve with white rice sprinkled with fresh, chopped, chives.