- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 6 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- For CAKE, preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of two 8-inch round cake pans with parchment or waxed paper, then grease and flour bottoms and sides of pans; set aside.
- Combine flour and baking powder in medium bowl with wire whisk; set aside.
- Beat granulated sugar with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in large bowl with electric mixer, scraping sides occasionally, until light and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and beat until blended. Beat in milk and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture and beat just blended. Evenly spread batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on wire racks. Remove from pans; remove parchment paper and cool completely.
- For FROSTING, Beat I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in medium bowl with electric mixer until light and creamy, about 1 minute. Gradually add confectioners sugar and beat on low speed until blended. Add vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Place 1 cake layer on plate. Spread top with 3/4 cup of the frosting. Top with remaining cake layer and frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting.
PER SERVING *
|Calories520Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Lana 7 Apr 2016
Great!! I love it! My cooking skills have expanded and I always can find new recipes waiting for me. I don't have to look on he Internet for recipes anymore, I can just open this app and instantly I get awesome recipes in the palm of my hand. It's never been more easier than it is now.