You certainly don't have to use olive flavored pasta when making this recipe, but it's worth picking up a box the next time you run across one in the local supermarket or Italian grocer. Even when using regular pasta, the flavors of the other ingredients will more than suffice: bacon, mushrooms, red pepper, and mozzarella, which melts into those delectable strands, plus cilantro and black olives that are sprinkled on top.
- 200 grams macaroni (olive)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 100 grams bacon
- 12 fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 red pepper (small)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 100 grams mozzarella cheese
- 10 coriander sprigs
- 12 pitted black olives
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the macraroni. Cook for 8 or 9 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place in a colander to drain.
- Rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan, heat a drizzle of olive oil and add the sliced bacon and mushrooms. Cook until well browned.
- Add the red pepper cut into strips and the chopped garlic. Cook until the red pepper begins to soften.
- Add the pasta, a little olive oil and the mozzarella cheese. Quickly mix.
- Remove from the heat when the cheese starts forming threads.
- Place on a plate or in a serving bowl. Sprinkle generously with chopped coriander and pitted, chopped olives. Serve immediately.