Let the flavor and spices of India permeate the air at the dinner table and awaken your taste buds. Powdered ginger, curry madras powder, and ginger are traditional Indian spices that marry well together and elevate this chicken dish. Thinly sliced onions provide texture and caramelize into the sweet coconut milk. Perfectly well balanced savory and spicy flavors pour over the chicken and are caught by fluffy spongy white rice.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 4 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- coconut milk (20 cl.)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Cut the the chicken breasts into 3 strips.
- Finely chop the onion and the garlic.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a very hot wok.
- Add the onion and garlic.
- Stir together 1 teaspoon of ginger and 3 teaspoons of Madras curry.
- Cook the spices with onion and garlic, mixing well. When they begin to release their aroma, remove from wok and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and the chicken to the wok.
- Once the chicken is golden, add the garlic-onion-spice mixture.
- Mix well.
- Add 1 heaping teaspoon of tomato paste, mix again, then add the coconut milk.
- Add the sugar and mix well. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes while stirring.