Witch FingersL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Goblins, Ghosts, Witches, & More. Looking for a festive treat for Halloween? We got you covered. This Witch Fingers recipe is not only spooky but delicious! These can be served individually so they are perfect for a big event as "finger food". The added touch of Witch's Blood makes this the perfect Halloween treat. Let us know how your spooky party goes! We are eager to hear your thoughts! OOhahaha.
- 100 grams butter (cut into pieces)
- 250 grams flour
- baking powder
- 1 salt
- 1 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 grams powdered sugar (or granulated sugar)
- almonds (whole and peeled)
- red food coloring
- 1Preheat the oven to 180C.
- 2Place the flour, cold butter, egg, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- 3Knead all the ingredients into a ball, then continue to knead the dough on a work surface until it is smooth and uniform in consistency.
- 4Shape the cookie dough into logs, divide the logs into pieces weighing approximately 25 grams each.
- 5Work each piece in the palm of your hands into a strip approximately 8 to 10 centimeters long.
- 6Shape the knuckles of the fingers by thinning out the dough right above and below the knuckle, use a sharp knife to score the knuckle.
- 7Place some jam on one end and stick an almond sliver to it so that it adheres to the cookie. Press lightly on the almond: this is the nail.
- 8Brush the other end of the cookie with some red food coloring so it looks like blood from a finger which has been cut off.
- 9Place all the cookies on a wax paper-lined baking sheet, approximately 3 centimeters apart.
- 10Bake the cookies for approximately 20 minutes.
- 11Let the cookies cool completely before removing them from the baking sheet.
PER SERVING *
|Calories600Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.