If you have a surplus of winter vegetables and want to make a hearty and healthy dish that will combine all their robust flavors, then try this recipe for Winter Vegetables Coleslaw. This recipe is perfect beside a hearty main dish or with any sandwich. The vegetable-packed dish needs to sit for a while before serving so the flavors can combine into a tantalizing taste that is out of this world.
- 2 carrots (peeled)
- 1/2 head celery
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 bunch radishes
- 1 turnip (peeled)
- 400 grams white cabbage (red and)
- 1 shallot (peeled)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 handful fresh herbs (mint, dill, chives, chervil)
- yogurt (25 cl.)
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Wash and peel all vegetables.
- Grate all vegetables by hand or using a food processor. Chop the herbs.
- Mix the herbs and vegetables together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the lemon juice, olive oil, yogurt, and mustard. Season with salt and pepper and pour over the vegetables and stir to coat vegetables.
- Add more lemon juice to taste if desired.
- Let sit before serving to allow flavors to combine.