Winter GuacamoleLa Cocina de Babel
For those who love avocados, guacamole sounds good no matter what time of year or season it is. This recipe for Winter Guacamole features most of the classic guacamole ingredients, but adds a spicy twist with a dash of hot sauce to add some warmth to the cool classic. Serve with tortilla chips as a delicious dip or have a make your own burrito night for dinner. Keep the stones on top of the guacamole until ready to serve to prevent discoloration.
- 2 avocado (large ripe)
- 1 onions (small)
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coriander (chopped)
- hot sauce
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (optional)
- 1To peel the avocados: place on a flat surface, press down with the palm of the hand and roll the avocado around. This will allow the flesh to come away easily.
- 2Cut in half lengthwise and remove the pit with a knife. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Set aside the stones.
- 3Chop the avocado, place in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- 4Mince the onion and add it to the avocado with the lemon juice, coriander, 1 tablespoon of oil, and a few drops of hot sauce Mix well.
- 5Season with salt and pepper. Add the sour cream, if desired, and mix.
- 6Place the stones on the top to prevent discoloring, drizzle with oil and garnish with coriander.
- 7If not consumed immediately, store in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap.
PER SERVING *
|Calories240Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.