Wine CookiesLe ricette di Micol
Made with no dairy or animal products, these Wine Cookies are a great vegan dessert option. Made from a mixture of rice and wheat flours, these cookies derive most of their flavor from the addition of marsala wine. With half of the cookie dipped in granulated sugar, these cookies are perfect for those who do not want something overly sweet. Bake time is 18 to 20 minutes. Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes before shaping and baking.
- 300 grams wheat flour (khorasan)
- 200 grams rice flour
- 125 milliliters vegetable oil
- 125 milliliters marsala wine
- 200 grams granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (baker’s ammonia or 1 tsp.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- granulated sugar (to coat cookies)
- 1Sift the two types of flour with the baker’s ammonia.
- 2Mix the oil and the Marsala wine together, add the sugar and the salt and stir well to combine.
- 3Add the two types of flour and knead quickly, the dough should resemble pie crust dough but a bit softer.
- 4Cover the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes.
- 5Cut the dough into pieces and shape each piece into links approximately 10 to 15 centimeters long and 1 1/2 centimeters wide, bring the two ends together and seal them closed in the shape of a ring.
- 6Dip one side of the cookie into the granulated sugar and place the cookies on a wax paper lined baking sheet.
- 7Bake in a preheated oven at 190C for approximately 18 to 20 minutes.
- 8Remove the cookies from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
PER SERVING *
|Calories150Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.