Wild Rice And Cranberry Dressing With Sausage And AlmondsPORK
Some of the steps for this dressing can be done the day ahead to save time, including cooking the wild rice. Serve along with a holiday roast, like a rack of pork.
- 3/4 lb. italian sausage
- 6 cups french bread (day-old, 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup almonds (slivered)
- 2 onions (large, chopped)
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary (crushed)
- 1 tsp. dried sage leaves (crumbled)
- 1 1/3 cups wild rice
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 12 oz. fresh cranberries
- 1 Tbsp. butter (melted)
- fresh rosemary (optional)
- Dry bread cubes in a 350 degrees F. oven by spreading on a shallow baking pan and baking for 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Toast almonds by spreading on a cookie sheet and baking in a 350 degrees F. oven for 10 minutes, shaking pan occasionally. Saute sausage, onions, and herbs in a large skillet until onion is tender, about 10 minutes. In large saucepan, combine wild rice with four cups chicken broth, bring to a boil, cover and lower heat to a simmer. Cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain rice, reserving liquid.
- In large bowl, combine bread crumbs, almonds, sausage mixture, wild rice and cranberries; place in a 13x9-inch baking dish. Measure reserved broth and add enough additional broth to make three cups; drizzle over dressing.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350 degrees F. oven for 40 minutes, until heated through. Uncover, drizzle with melted butter and bake for 10 minutes more. Serve garnished with fresh rosemary sprigs, if desired.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories470Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes