Get a jumpstart on the day with these easy peasy blender muffins. Sweetened with frozen Wild Blueberries, beets and maple syrup, these breakfast-y muffins are both nourishing and delicious.
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup beets (cooked)
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a 12-hole muffin tin with baking cups.
- Grate the beets using a box or handheld grater and set aside.
- Add the Greek yogurt, eggs, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, maple syrup, cinnamon, ground ginger, canola oil and a pinch of salt to the blender container. Blend for 15-30s until smooth.
- Add the oats and almond flour to the blender container. Blend on high until smooth and thick.
- Pour the contents of the blender container into a large mixing bowl. Fold the grated beets and frozen Wild Blueberries into the muffin batter with a spatula.
- Scoop the muffin batter into the baking cups using an ice-cream scoop or large spoon.
- Insert the muffin tin into the oven, and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the muffins.
- Remove the muffin tin from the oven, and allow the muffins to cool slightly before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories200Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.